After Clarkson Frederick Stanfield
Eddystone Lighthouse engraved by W.B. Cooke
1836 original engraving not a later print
Eddystone Light-House', 1836. Built by the English civil engineer John Smeaton (1724-1792) beginning in 1756, this was the third lighthouse to be sited on Eddystone Rocks, 15 miles south of Plymouth in the English Channel. It remained in use until 1877.
After Clarkson Frederick Stanfield 1793–1867
Stanfield’s Coast Scenery
Line engraving on paper
Image: 9.5 × 14 cm
Nice condition plate some foxing to outer edges and margins. Pencil marks at the top of the margin unframed.
Please fill in the information below